Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fishball Curry for One

When hubby says he won't be having dinner at home, I usually don't bother to cook for myself.  I can easily eat a sandwich or whatever is left over from previous meals, or (gasp) open a can!

Tonight however, I had such a craving for curry and fishball that I gave in.  But then I didn't want any leftovers so I just made enough for one person - me!

It's a good thing that the recipe was easy to scale down... 


This is how -

Slice a small piece of ginger and a small onion into thin pieces.  Saute the ginger and onion pieces in hot oil until browned but not burnt.  (I used my omelette pan!)  Throw in about 6 to 7 pieces of fish balls (I halved mine to make more pieces) and stir fry a few seconds.  Meanwhile, mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of curry powder or garam masala (depending on how strong you want your curry to be) with 1/2 cup of coconut milk.  Pour this into the pan.  Throw in a piece of dried chili and some chopped basil (and maybe a piece of kaffir lime leaf too).  Season with salt, according to taste.  This dish was done in about 15 minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment