Monday, October 21, 2013

More Cookies!

I've been experimenting with the basic drop cookie recipe that I (accidentally) personalized.  I wanted to find out if I could make it my permanent go-to recipe and just add other specifics to make other cookies.

The verdict?  Success!  I found that the recipe was so versatile I could make it easily into chocolate chip cookies (and other candy variants), green tea choco chip cookies and fruitcake cookies.

The chocolate chip cookies are easy enough, just add about a cup to a cup and a half of chips (bittersweet, dark, milk, mint, strawberry, butterscotch, or a wild combination of some or all!

Chocolate chip cookies -


Nutrageous-stuffed Cookies (they were pretty good but the Snickers Peanut Butter ones are still unbeatable!) -


Strawberry and Chocolate Chips Cookies (incidentally, this is the little girl's favorite!  she did choose the strawberry chips, after all!) -


Butterscotch and Chocolate Chips Cookies -


For the green tea cookies, I added some matcha tea powder but realized soon enough that the resulting cookies had too mild a green tea taste.  But it was not bad, I figure I just have to add more matcha powder next time!


The fruitcake cookies was probably the best of the lot!  I added some spices (mostly cinnamon and nutmeg) and a cup of chopped mixed dried fruits (raisins, apricots, apples, pears, peaches) and about half a cup of glace orange, lemon and lime.  Hubby declared it delicious!


A friend suggested that adding a splash of rum or brandy to make the Christmas-y feel/taste of the cookies more pronounced... and I just might do that for my next batch!

In any case, I think this will be a permanent addition to my recipe collection...

Hmmm... what other flavors can I make?  Chocolate or cocoa?  Date-Walnut?  Coconut-Macadamia?  The possibilities are (nearly) endless...


No comments:

Post a Comment