Thursday, May 29, 2014

Death by Chocolate

Death by Chocolate... The Last Word on a Consuming Passion by Marcel Desaulniers


I was 16 when I saw Marcel Desaulniers on cable TV.  He was making something with chocolate and I was so utterly fascinated that I went on the subway (by myself) and bought his book, with money that I had been saving for something else.

Then a few years back, I lost my entire library to a severe flood and I realized that this was one of the books I had to get another copy of, otherwise, I would forever regret it.  Thank goodness I found one!

Today, I (finally) made a batch of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies that's in the first few pages of the book.  I'd always planned to make a batch of these cookies but it always got pushed back.  Now I wish I had made them sooner!


These cookies are THE most delicious cookies I have ever tasted!!!

I swear! 

I ate 2 giant cookies... with cold milk!  within 10 minutes of them emerging from the oven!

(and I don't even like chocolate, or milk!!!!)

And the little girl?  She looked at me with so much admiration and said:  Mommy, you make everything so delicious!

Now I know why the book is called Death by Chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment