Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thai-style Garlic Chicken, Barbecued

Yes, I am still into Thai food.

Here's an experiment with chicken!


The recipe came from this book (which I got last Christmas!)


And, as always, I made some changes.

The recipe specified boneless chicken breasts, but I only had thighs (with bone).  And I used way more garlic (love the flavor!), skipped the shallots (didn't have any) and added more fish sauce...

My version:

1 head of garlic, peeled
1 cup packed fresh wansoy, with stems (I omitted the roots)
1/4 cup calamansi juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
4 pieces large chicken thighs

Rinse and dry the chicken thighs.  Place in a shallow dish just big enough to hold the chicken.  Put the garlic, wansoy, calamansi juice, fish sauce and peppercorns in a food processor.  Whiz until the mixture is smooth.  Dump the mixture onto the chicken thighs and rub all over, including between the skin and meat.  Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Grill over hot coals until done!  Serve with sweet chili sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment