Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Road Trip to Pundakit

Getting together with my college buddies is always exciting.  We usually explore the culinary world (and we're perfectly happy doing so) but once in a while, we go on a road trip...

This time around, it was off to pristine beaches...


But we had to ride in smallish boats... 30 minutes to the cove...


If only I wasn't freakishly scared of boats and open waters!  The ever changing colors reflected on the sea water were absolutely hypnotizing... from a light, almost transparent blue, the sea waters morphed into a medium hue, with greenish gold highlights... and as we chugged farther into open seas, the waters turned opaque, into a deep shade of midnight blue, with green grey peaks...


I wish I could have taken photographs while we were on the boat, but my hands gripped the sides of the boat with such intensity that it was impossible!  The view of rocky formations and cliffs in the middle of the seas was fantastic.  And the beach?  Forget Boracay!


But it was not only the beach sites that were breathtaking.  The view beside the road was just as picturesque!  On one side of the highway...


And on the other side...


And because I was preoccupied with (ehem) keeping my sanity, I am adopting some of my dear friend's photos...


Beautiful!  And, the truth is, while I did not relish the boat rides (the way back was worse, because the waters were really choppy!) the wondrous sights was worth it (considering my "phobia"!).  


No comments:

Post a Comment