Saturday, June 27, 2015

Takoyaki Balls

Hubby loves takoyaki balls.  Problem?  A takoyaki pan is required!  But I couldn't find one... so I made tako okonomiyaki instead.

But what luck!  I got an electric takoyaki maker as a gift just the other day!  Who cares if my ingredients are lacking?  I went and made takoyaki balls! 


Like I said my ingredients were lacking... I had no - octopus (I used squid instead), green onions (I used cabbage), tenkasu (more cabbage!), dried bonito flakes or any other (Japanese sounding) stuff.  In the end, I topped the cooked balls with okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise.


This video was what I basically followed...


What will I be doing this weekend?  I am going out to get a complete set of ingredients and make more takoyaki balls!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment