Friday, July 12, 2013

Tartar Dip

Okay, the recipe is my usual tartar dip (or sauce) recipe.  Except that this time, I used the mini food processor instead of the hand mixer.  So instead of a semi-chunky dip, I ended up with a rather smooth dip.  But truth be told, I kinda like this one better than the chunky one... for one thing, the flavors melded pretty fast compared to the chunky, simply mixed version.  Also, for some reason, instead of onions, I used garlic.  And yes, I found that I liked the garlic version better, too!


The recipe:

1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely minced white onion (or garlic!)
2 teaspoons calamansi (or lemon) juice
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Just mix everything together!  (Adjust the saltiness as preferred)

The dip is great with fried, battered seafood!


No comments:

Post a Comment