Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tofu-Noodles Soup

We were buying tofu for hubby's dinner when I saw a container of what looked like noodles.  My curiosity got the better of me and I asked what they were.  The saleslady said they were tofu noodles, meant to be cooked like noodles whether stir-fried or in soup.  She warned me though, that the "noodles" would not be soft like regular egg noodles.  These "tofu" noodles were chewy all the way.

Hubby was interested in the idea of tofu noodles so we bought some.  We decided to make tofu-noodles soup.


It was pretty easy to make...

5 cups chicken stock
6 pieces siomai
2 cups fresh tofu noodles
salt and pepper, to taste
handful of Baguio pechay leaves

Boil the chicken stock.  Add the siomai (or substitute a mix of meat, squid, or fish balls) and when they float, add the noodles.  Season to taste.  Bring to a boil again and add the pechay leaves.  Serve hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment