Sunday, October 19, 2014

Faux Miniature Eggs Benedict

Every once in a while, hubby has friends over.  When he does, I take the opportunity to experiment with "finger" foods.  This time, the idea came from a book on canapes.

Although, I wonder how much change can be made to a recipe and still be considered authentic.


Because what I did was more of a bastardization... but in my defense, I wanted to use items that were already in the kitchen and pantry considering that I did not have time to go out and buy ingredients....

Classic or traditional eggs benedict are made of poached eggs and Canadian bacon on English muffins, topped with hollandaise sauce.  Mine were cheese, salami and fried quail egg on toast, topped with faux Ceasar dressing.


In short, my version is faux... or better known as... fake!

But it was fun to make and quite easy too! 

First, using a round cookie cutter, cut one or two circles of toast.  Place a slice of cheese on the toast, then a piece of folded salami.  Top with a piece of fried quail egg.  Drizzle with faux Ceasar dressing (or use a bottled one).
Then sit back as the praises fly (hubby's friends were impressed!  even the one who was on a strict diet could not resist!  ☺☺☺☺)


No comments:

Post a Comment