Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tasty Turbo Roast Chicken

A friend shared this really tasty chicken recipe...  The beauty of her recipe is its sheer simplicity.  It requires almost no work...

First buy a whole chicken and have it cleaned (so you don't have to do it by yourself!).  Then open a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.  Pour or spoon the contents of the condensed soup inside the inner cavity of the chicken and throw in 2 to 3 pieces of bacon, and some crushed garlic as well.  Place it in a turbo broiler and let it cook for 40 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice midway, depending on the size of the chicken.  (If roasting in an oven, make sure to place a pan below the chicken to save the drippings and "gravy".)  That's it!

In my particular case, however, I made a slight boo-boo.  I was careless and ended up with 2 whole but butterflied spring chickens!  In short, my chickens had no cavity to stuff the soup, bacon and garlic in.  So I improvised.  I spread the condensed soup (and bacon) in the bottom of a large Pyrex dish and laid the butterflied chickens, skin side up, on the soup and bacon, and (inconveniently) forgetting the put in the garlic with the bacon!

A-te J then requested that I place cracked black pepper on top (she likes a bit of kick in her food) so I did, finally remembering the garlic and putting it on top too.  I baked mine in the oven and it took about 60 minutes.


Long story short, it was absolutely yummy!!!

Thank you, friend M.!


No comments:

Post a Comment