Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Salted Burnt Honey Sauce

The little girl absolutely adores honey.  She loves it so much that she eats it off a spoon!

So when I saw the recipe for Salted Burnt Honey Sauce in my Donna Hay e-magazine, I just had to make it for the little girl.


She was very excited but had one request... could we make pancakes also, because she wanted her "honey syrup" on her pancakes... chocolate chip pancakes, to be precise.


The little girl got her chocolate chip pancakes, and we (the rest of the household) got plain ones... good thing I had just made a fresh batch of butter so I had buttermilk!


I must say the honey sauce was divine!  Not too sweet... perfect and incredible, in fact!

I liked it so much that I poured it over homemade biko (sweet rice cake)!  


The recipe can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment