Sunday, August 2, 2015

Up and Down Lemon Blueberry Muffins

I was a bit stressed the other day and decided that I wanted to bake.  I was at a loss for what though, since I did not have much time.  For some reason, I thought of muffins... but then I wanted a bit of pizzazz so off I went to look in the library. 

I found Lemon Slice Muffins.  They were cute and intriguing, so that was it... but since I still had some blueberry filling left over, I decided to add it and make the kind of muffin that could be served right side up or upside down!


Right side up after removing the pan from the oven...


Upside down, after the muffins were removed from the muffin pan...


A peek at the inside of the muffin...


I found the recipe in this book...


and later found it online here.

As usual, I made some changes.  For one thing, I did not cook the lemon zest with sugar and butter, I just added everything together.  I used vanilla sugar and added about 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract to the mix.  After spooning the batter into the muffin tin, I swirled in a teaspoon of blueberry filling.

Hubby found the muffins a bit tart, but that is to be expected.  I like it and so did some impromptu guests!


No comments:

Post a Comment