Monday, July 13, 2015

Langka Tartlets

A quick look in the freezer and I saw the langka (jackfruit) that I had frozen several weeks ago! I needed to unload some of the stuff in the freezer so I racked my brains and came up with this!


The filling is actually a very "loose" yema.  Why did I think of yema as a filling?  Well, because I love yema!  And... the way we made it (in my childhood) was so easy!

Melt (about) 2 tablespoons of salted butter over low heat.  Meanwhile, mix together 1 can of condensed milk and 2 extra large egg yolks; add this to the melted butter.  Stir, stir, stir.  When the mixture thickens a bit (about 10 to 15 minutes over low heat), add 250 grams frozen or fresh finely chopped langka.  Continue cooking over low heat until thick (another 5 minutes or so).  Cool completely.  Spoon into mini tart shells and bake about 10 to 15 minutes at 375F or until tart shells are golden brown.  Serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment