Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies

I am a fan of Ina Garten.  I love her shows and I am enamored with her cookbooks!

Here is her brownies.  It is great for a crowd or party because the recipe makes a really big batch.


And it has a lovely texture... very fudgy... and chocolate-y...  after all 3 kinds of chocolate are used (unsweetened, bittersweet, and chocolate chips).


I added a little bit of nuts, because I like nuts...  I also did not bake everything in a big pan, instead, I used aluminum brownie pans (so that I could give them away to family and friends) and for our own, I baked a few in shallow round cups.


They were good, but a tad on the sweet side.  I think it was so because of the chocolate chips, which were sweet chips.  I think next time I will use bittersweet or at least semi-sweet chocolate chips.  (My friend Daisy suggests using cocoa nibs.)

I sent a box over to my mom and my brother.  My brother said they were good.  My mom said... too sweet!

The recipe can be found here (click for the recipe).


No comments:

Post a Comment