Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baked (Shirred) Eggs

Here's another way to cook eggs - by baking!


My baked eggs started with placing tomato slices in the baking dish then cracking 2 eggs on top.  A tablespoon of low fat milk is poured over. The original recipe called for prosciutto but I skipped that.


Grated cheese is then sprinkled on top, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  I added a couple of sprigs of herbs on top.  The original recipe did not specify cheese but I added it in lieu of the prosciutto.


It baked for about 20 minutes then immediately served!  Hubby liked it, commenting that it was interesting, a rather refreshing change from the usual scrambled or fried eggs.

I found the recipe for Baked Eggs with Prosciutto and Tomatoes in this book.


I also found this video for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment