Monday, August 11, 2014

Bittersweet Chocolate Crunch

This is really an adaptation of the Nestle Crunch candy bar.

My little girl loves Nestle Crunch and was quite sad after eating her last mini bar.  I decided to make her some homemade ones.  After all, how difficult could it be?  It's basically chocolate with rice krispies!  But I thought of using bittersweet chocolate rather than milk chocolate because she likes bittersweet chocolate too.

So off I went to buy the rice krispies and a chocolate mold to form the bars.  I came home and discovered that somehow the chocolate mold went missing!  It wasn't even registered in the receipt.  And I didn't want to go back to the store!  So I thought I'd just use whatever I had, which was a mini cupcake mold (think mini Reese cups).

I melted 250 grams of bittersweet chocolate (over a double boiler) and added 2/3 cup of rice krispies.  While I originally planned to use the chocolate cup molds, in the end I decided to just spread it out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet because the mixture was pretty thick and wasn't spreading at all.  I stuck it in the freezer for a several minutes and after it hardened, I sliced the big chocolate bar into bite-sized pieces!


The little girl tried a piece and said they were more delicious!  (She does like bitter chocolate!)  She had a complaint though.  She said that my version melted faster than the Nestle Crunch! 

Hubby says he prefers these bittersweet crunch chocolate pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment