Saturday, August 23, 2014

Nigella's Buttermilk Roast Chicken

I tried my hand at making "homemade" cultured buttermilk.  So now I have about 2 liters to use up.  So I've been in a frenzy cooking and baking with buttermilk.  I've mostly made sweet things - pancakes, cupcakes... I thought it was time for a savory dish.

Most buttermilk chicken recipes I found (in my books) were fried chicken - something about the buttermilk giving a really moist and tender texture, which contrasted beautifully with a crisp, crunchy exterior.  And while that sounded delicious, I did not want fried chicken.  I wanted roasted chicken.

Enter Nigella Lawson's Buttermilk Roast Chicken...


It looked good!  So I tried it out.  With a couple of changes, though.  First I used chicken thighs (because I didn't have legs).  I used 6 cloves of garlic (because I love the flavor of garlic!).  And because I didn't have molasses, I used tropical honey instead.

DELICIOUS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment