Monday, February 2, 2015

Spinach and 4-Cheese Pastry

I'm liking frozen puff pastry!!!  A lot!!!  (Especially since my pie crust making skills are virtually non-existent!)  So now I have a list of projects using it!  Here's one...


For this project, I placed a square piece of puff pastry in a mini-pie plate.  I filled the center with wilted spinach and 3 kinds of grated cheese (mozarella, cheddar and parmesan), then I place a piece of quick-melt sandwich cheese on top before bringing the corners in the middle (and leaving slits as part of the design).  Brush the top with egg wash.  The pastry baked in a preheated 400F oven for about 20 minutes or so.  I knew it was done when the kitchen was filled with a glorious smell!



Hubby was bowled over!  He thought I finally got it (pie crust, that is) until I told him I "cheated" with puff pastry.  His reply?  It's not cheating, it's a short cut!

I love this short cut!


No comments:

Post a Comment