Saturday, December 5, 2015

Pancit Luglug

What's the difference?  Pancit Luglug, Pancit Palabok, Pancit Malabon...  they kinda look and taste the same.  (My personal favorite is a very saucy Palabok!)

Well, as far as I know, Pancit Palabok is the one with thin noodles, Luglug is the one with thick noodles, and Malabon is the one with thick noodles and the sauce mixed right in!

So this is my (puerile attempt at) Pancit Luglug...


It looks nice right?  Well, it did not taste nice!  It was rather bland, even with the toppings of adobong squid, chicharon, shrimp, pork, egg and pechay!

I basically followed the recipe found on Yummy.ph, except that I forgot about the patis (fish sauce) and the calamansi.  Despite the lousy taste, everyone ate it.

Later, I recounted to friend T how this experiment flopped - that it was bland tasting no matter how I salted it, she berated me for not using patis (since she's the one who gave me the super-tasting fish sauce!)  The next day I tried to fix the sauce by using patis and true enough, everyone commented how much better tasting the dish was!  Which goes to show, some recipes you just have to follow... and don't forget anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment