Friday, March 27, 2015

Chicken Tarragon Pot Roast

I recently discovered the convenience (hence, joy) of electronic magazines.  Aside from being able to carry several magazines in one small package (ipad, android, even cellphones if you could read the small print!), the price is friendlier than the print edition, then there's less paper waste... (friendlier for the environment and all that)...

Anyway, one of the magazines that I subscribed to is SuperFood Ideas.  In the March 2015 issue, I found a recipe for this:


Of course I had to make a couple of substitutions, like using 2 smaller chickens instead of 1 big chicken, and using dried thyme (didn't have fresh ones), then skipping the green beans... and the white wine as well...


But the best part of this dish is that it's cooked on the stove, using just one pot.  Since it is summer already, I really did not want to use the oven!


No comments:

Post a Comment