Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mrs. Field's Chocolate-Glazed Shortbread

The little girl raided the bookshelf and found Mrs. Field's Cookie Book.  (BTW, thanks Auntie C!).  She marked the recipe with a post-it and then asked me every day for a week if we could make the cookies.  I replied (every day) that we could on a day when she had no classes in school.

Last weekend, we finally baked these...


I followed the recipe quite faithfully, except for a couple of changes... I used the seeds of 1 vanilla bean, and half the amount of vanilla extract.  And, instead of chilling and rolling out the dough, I placed it in a piping bag with a star tip and piped out rosettes and a heart...


The instructions said not to let the edges turn brown but as you can see, my cookies were a tad over-baked!

Nonetheless, the little girl was happy!  She took a bite and said:  "Mommy!  I love you cookies more and more!  They get more delicious every time!"

(smile, smile, smile)


No comments:

Post a Comment